Thursday, May 17, 2012

I'm Back


Guess what. I’m in the U.S. Yep, a lot has happened since our last chat. But, my family thought it necessary to keep my arrival a surprise from other members of my family, rendering me unable to blog about anything exciting. A few days before my last post, I found out that the visa I applied for did not have the proper documentation (my married name on my passport. I asked them specifically if I needed it, and they said no. Thank you, Madeirans.), and in discussing it with my mom, I realized that my tourist visa was expiring earlier than I had anticipated. So, long story short, we booked my flight, and I headed home. I’ve been here since last Tuesday (May 8th), and have basically been catching up on all busyness that I have missed out on for the past 7 months (since I was here last…).  I’ve been playing with all of my little poopers (dogs), and spending time with family and friends. 

Yes, I know Iron Man...
I like to call him "Jet Pack Boy." He does this all the time. So cool.
Chili's after church.
I’ve missed them so much. Now, I’m just waiting for my hubby to arrive for his much needed and much deserved holiday.

Yesterday, exactly a week since my transatlantic journey, my family and I made our way to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. I am currently on the top of a mountain, looking out at an incredible view from our dining room table. 
I love the Smokies.
The week ahead will be full of both adventure and relaxation, something everyone is in need of I think. I know I can never turn down an exciting adventure.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home