Saturday, January 21, 2012

Congrats!!

First of all, a big congratulations to my gorgeous husband who has just signed for the Maritimo Lions! I am so proud of him. He's worked so hard to achieve this dream and now we are living it together. It's such an exciting way to begin our married life. Finally! I will be heading out sometime this week. Still no date, but it's coming! I'm sure I don't need to reiterate how excited I am. More exciting posts will be coming your way in the VERY near future. Until then, you'll have to be content with recipe and nonsense posts.

A few nights ago, I made a delicious dinner (if I do say so myself) that I'd like to share with you. Here it is!

Chicken in balsamic, orange & rosemary sauce



Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
150ml/¼ pint fresh orange juice
150ml/¼ pint chicken stock
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1 tsp light muscovado sugar
knob of butter
orange segments and fresh rosemary sprigs to garnish (It wasn't a dinner party, so these were ommitted)
1 tbsp corn starch (this was not in the original recipe, but I wanted the sauce to be more gravy-like.)

Method
  1. Put the chicken between pieces of cling film and flatten slightly by bashing with a pan. Unwrap and sprinkle on both sides with pepper. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat, then fry the chicken for 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
  2. Pour 2 tbsp vinegar over the chicken, add the orange juice and stock and sprinkle with the rosemary and salt. Bring to the boil, lower the heat and bubble gently for 5 minutes until tender, spooning with the sauce frequently and turning chicken halfway through.
  3. Stir in the sugar, butter and rest of the vinegar, then sizzle for a few minutes until reduced and glossy.
  4. Put the chicken in a serving dish, spoon the sauce over and garnish with orange and rosemary.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home