Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Day in the Life

So guys, I have officially been here a week. I have yet to establish any sort of routine, but I have come to realize that I am quite adept at wasting copious amounts of time without accomplishing anything. Today, I was awakened at 7:30 AM by my loving husband’s alarm. Breakfast was had, kisses were exchanged, and off he went to training. For the next two hours, I spent time downloading movies (shhh, don’t tell), skimming Pinterest (my fave), and then cleaning the kitchen while singing to Adele as loud as possible. Then, I spruced up the ol’ mug for a little walk around town. And by that I mean go to the grocery store (I’m not sure how normal it is to go every day, sometimes multiple times a day, but I don’t want to read too much into it…).  I walked down to another grocery store (not the one across the street) which took me about 20 minutes to locate. Then realizing the place was, um, below standard, I retreated back to my usual stomping grounds AKA Pingo Doce (note to self: add Pingo Doce to Microsoft Word dictionary…).

Anyway, goods in hand, I made a dazzling lunch for my hubby and I- veggie soup made with chicken stock from my emaciated chicken. At least he was good for something. Seriously, my soup was spectacular. Tummy full, I caught up on Bones, the other love of my life, while the real love of my life packed for his trip to the mainland. Once my hubby was off, I headed back out, on the town (really this time. to town.) to get some exercise.



When I got back, I watched some more of my beloved Bones and Skyped my cousin and uncle. Great fun to catch up on life. I had a repeat of lunch for dinner and then talked to my mama for a ridiculously long time. I quite miss her. And the rest of my family. Being so close with my family and living away from them will always be difficult. *tear, tear*

In an effort to quickly quell my depressing state, I had to whip up a quick dessert. Chocolate mug cake was in order. This is something that every girl, and guy for that matter… Let’s back up. Every PERSON, should know how to make this. Actually, teach your dog (on second thought, your dog will die if it eats this). Teach your dog to make it for you. It’s that easy.
  
Chocolate Mug Cake

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp hot water (this can be substituted for coffee for mocha flavor)
  • 4 heaping tbsp hot chocolate mix
  • Dash of cinnamon (optional)

Method:
  1. Mix the water, hot chocolate mix, and cinnamon together.
  2. Whisk in the egg.
  3. Microwave on high for 1 min to 1 min 30 seconds to desired doneness. The cake will puff out the top in the microwave. Don’t worry, it’s not going to overflow!
  4. Devour and enjoy!
This is like a brownie in a cup
 Seriously, how easy is that? Too easy, I know. And it’s incredible. I just finished mine and I want another one… But I shall resist. I’ll just drink my wine and enjoy this great ending to a perfectly unproductive day in my new Madeiran life.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home